This page has information about the Innovative Leaders GM Programme and the Strategic Thinking for Leaders workshop. Cick the logo to go back to the start page of the Centre.
Innovative Leaders GM Programme
The Innovative Leaders GM Programme is a three month “while you work” programme for middle and senior-level managers. The on-programme work is spread over four 2-day modules. The programme is experiential and from a functional perspective, covers strategic thinking, innovative change, strategic accounting and finance, operations, marketing and people.
Leadership is a key component of the programme. You will discover much about your own leadership style.
Is the programme for me?
You will have expertise in a business area, such as finance, marketing, sales, operations, law or human resources. But to take yourself to the next leadership level you are hungry for the strategic takeouts from the other key functional areas. You don’t want to complete a formal course of study, but want to learn with others using an action learning process with real case-studies – we travel to and visit the actual organisations. To read what past participants say about the programme see our Testimonials page.
How does the programme work?
You will work in a syndicate with practitioner-led sessions and case-study driven exercises to give a real life perspective to the learning. The learning is experiential. As well as covering the functional business areas we will also look at organisations at their differing stages and types ie, Start-up, growth, IPO, mature, distressed and a government or not for profit organisation. The cases are real, contemporary and live.
Each part of the programme builds on the learnings to date and stretches you to upcoming areas. As well as the focus on the particular area and organisational life-stage, you will integrate the other learnings into the exercises to develop your strategic framework.
The programme is practical and you will be able to start using your new learnings and insights immediately.
In-between module work will keep the learning alive and you engaged in the programme. An on-line forum is used to distribute readings, exercises and to keep you connected to the other participants and to the Centre. Prior to the course, a needs analysis is conducted with you and your organisation so we can tailor your learning experience.
What are the outcomes of the Innovative Leaders GM Programme?
At the completion of the course participants will:
- Have the strategic capability and the ability to ask questions in the key functional business areas of Finance, Accounting, Operations, Marketing and People;
- Know how to use strategic thinking.
- Appreciate and understand the role of Governance.
- Have Change concepts to use in a challenging and changing environment.
- Be able to use the Action Learning process.
- Be able to develop an organisation-wide strategy and implementation plan.
- Be able to integrate issues and growth strategies across your business.
- Have the confidence to present to the CEO and Board.
- Have a personal development plan.
- Have up to date insights on current commercial issues.
- Have a valuable network.
Participants will receive a framed certificate at the end of the course and be part of New Zealand’s authentic and innovative leadership community.
Investment and schedule
Tuition fees and course materials: $8,000 (+GST)
Contact us to book a course or get more information
Strategic Thinking for Leaders 2-day workshop
On our Strategic Thinking for Leaders Workshop, you will learn the techniques and models to apply this deep way of addressing problems. Uncovering the hidden connection between components of your organisation and beyond, is to truly understand. On this 2-day workshop, you will learn to recognise the unintended and delayed consequences of your actions.
Outcomes of the workshop include:
- Using story telling to frame a problem
- Understand systems thinking techniques including causal loops, system archetypes, levels of thinking, the ladder of inference and mental models
- Gain an appreciation of the differences between strategic thinking and strategic planning
- Work on an actual problem, the results of which you can take back to work for immediate benefit
- Work with other senior people from a diverse range of organisations to gain new perspectives
To read what past participants say about the programme see our Testimonials page.
Participants are welcome to bring problems that they would like to explore on the workshop. For many of us the thinking we use hasn’t changed from that used by our ancestors. Changes your now – apply here.