This page has information about the Wisdom Retreat for Senior Leaders and the Authentic Leadership Course. Click the logo to go back to the start page of the Centre.
Wisdom Retreat for Senior Leaders
What is the Wisdom Retreat for Senior Leaders?
The Wisdom Retreat for Senior Leaders is a limited-place 4-day residential leadership programme. Restricted to CEOs and those in comparable positions of responsibility, you will be in good company to renew your leadership commitment and return home invigorated.
As a participant, you will work with the group to discover and develop your wisdom within. Guests are drawn from a range of areas including business, science, the arts and academia. Individual leadership coaching will be available during the retreat, as well as specialised sessions on topics including resilience, ethics and working with your board and executive team. Using appreciative inquiry techniques, you will work on an issue or opportunity from your organisation with the other leaders, developing insights to take back to work.
What are the outcomes?
You will already have well developed emotional intelligence and strategy skills. The Retreat is designed to achieve the following outcomes:
- Understand what wise leadership is
- Strengthen your emotional intelligence into wisdom
- Appreciate the strengths in making use of wisdom in all areas of leadership
- Gain leadership insights from interacting with other wise leaders
- Develop appreciative inquiry techniques
- Have others in comparable, non-competing positions challenge you on your issues and opportunities
- Develop an issue or opportunity to present back to your board or executive team
- Build an all-of-life resilience plan
Who are the faculty?
The Wisdom Retreat for Senior Leaders is lead by Stephen Drain, the Centre’s Director. Stephen is accompanied by a senior leader, a leadership coach and several guests in the delivery of this programme.
Where, when and how much is the investment?
The Retreat is held at Waitakere Estate, an ideal location to reflect and grow. The Cost is $8000 (+ GST) for the Retreat plus an accommodation package payable to Waitakere Estate.
Can I discuss this with someone?
Contact Stephen on + 64 21 1962500 or by email to discuss whether the Retreat might suit you. It could be the next wise decision you make. If you’re not a CEO yet, you might like to consider our Authentic Leadership Course for mid to senior level leaders.
How do I apply?
Email us and we’ll take it from there.
Authentic Leadership Course
Top-level leadership development and training
An open or public course that is a top-level authentic leadership development opportunity for middle and senior managers. The course can also be tailored and run in-house to meet your organisation’s needs.
Applications for the Authentic Leadership Course being held 7 – 10 October 2012 are now open. To reserve your place or for more information contact us via email.
Nature of the course
Ideal for functional experts
The Authentic Leadership Course is designed for managers who have a specialist field. To develop further you will require a high degree of emotional intelligence to further your leadership and lead a team.
A live-in course at a great location
This is a 4-day residential course held at Waitakere Estate, 45 minutes drive from central Auckland or Auckland International Airport.
Develop your authentic leadership
Each of us is unique. Each aspect of the course is designed to further you on your authentic leadership journey to uncover and develop further your leadership strengths and know your blind spots.
Plenty of group work
The course is experiential: it focuses on leadership and people development. You will work in your assigned group throughout the course. The course is contemporary, relevant, personalised, fun, edgy, commercial and challenging.
You will experience a team’s stages: from formation of a competent workgroup to a high-performing unit. You will be able to take that experience back to your workplace. We will cover:
- Team learning
- Coaching others
- Developing others
Authenticity is key
As the name suggests, the course is for authentic leadership development. We believe this is the critical step in your leadership journey. Following its initial development in 2009 the programme was taken to a new level with an intensive focus on personal authentic leadership. This has enabled us to make the course shorter, more focussed and more authentic to its name and outcomes.
Course structure and outcomes
On the Authentic Leadership Course you will:
- Gain valuable insights into what makes you a leader
- Determine your built-in personality preferences- including why they make such a difference to what you do at work – and what your strengths are
- Participate in sessions on personal authentic leadership
- Implement processes to grow a high-performing team
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Structure a plan for developing others
- Learn active reflectionprocesses that will grow you and your team
- Confidently apply change processes
- As a team member, receive team coaching
- Receive personal one-on-one coaching
- Develop a personal resilience plan
- Create a personal development plan
- Develop a trusted and valuable network
- Receive follow-up coaching and feedback from us.
Cost of course
- Tuition fees and course materials: $6500 (plus GST)
- Accommodation and meals: approx. $1100 (plus GST)